Collection Glen Moray - Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky

Glen Moray Distillery is a Speyside distillery producing single malt Scotch whisky. The distillery is situated on the banks of the River Lossie in Elgin, Moray and started production in September 1897. It was acquired by Glenmorangie Company Ltd in 2008. sold to La Martiniquaise.

Glen Moray began as West Brewery in Elgin operated by Robert Thorne & Sons and was converted to a two still distillery in 1897. After a fire and an extensive rebuilding program at Aberlour distillery, the company focused on the production of Aberlour whiskey and left the Glen Moray distillery to fall into disrepair. It was closed in 1910. Sometime in the 1920's the distillery was purchased by the Glenmorangie Distillery owners, the MacDonald and Muir families.

The company is now owned by La Martiniquaise, which uses part of the production for its blended whiskey Label 5, together with its Starlaw distillery in West Lothian. The distillery expanded in 2012 to an annual production of 3,300,000 liters from 3 wash stills and 3 spirit stills.

The distillery has a visitor center that offers tours and tastings year-round.